Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Personal Narrative

          Everyone has a story and my story starts in elementary when I transferred to a new school in second grade. I had met a girl on the first day of my new school when I was second grade. Her name is Sabrina. I befriended her but after the first day she never approached me. I was deeply offended and this was a start of my horrible experiences. Because of these experiences, it made me the person I am today. I personally do not remember much of my elementary or middle school years because they have been horrible that without even noticing my memories of those years became very hazy.
I had a lot of problems when it came to friends. After I met Sabrina, I made other friends like a girl named Maria. Maria was the girl that got along with the girls well as well as the boys. However to me she was a cheater and a bully. My mom sent me to after school and out of all the people she was there. She always tried to copy my homework and if I refused to give it to her she would sit next to me and hit me, bump my shoulder when she passed by me, and push me. Even though there were other kids around no one said anything. On top of this, Sabrina would go around to other student gossiping about me. What have I done to make them dislike me? I didn't understand what I've done to receive this kind of treatment from them. Sabrina created lies that spread to everyone in the class which was a horrible experience but the worse was yet to come.
          My last year of elementary school came. I was in the same class as Sabrina and Maria. Everything started all over again: the gossip, the lies, the physical abuse. I constantly bottled everything up. Sabrina even started using profanity against me. It got to a point where I couldn't take it anymore. After a day of bullying at school then Maria bullying me at after school, I exploded in tears and I confronted my mom about what has been happening. My mom talked to the teachers but even after that they still bullied me. The two girls both bullied me to the point where I always cried in the bathroom all the time but I didn't tell my mom. I culminated elementary school and when I got to middle school I made sure I didn't go to the same middle school as my bullies. Eventually I met new friends. I didn't want the same things happening to me so I became incredibly loyal to my new friends and I still am. As a result to everything that I've encountered I have met the most extraordinary group of friends and I am thankful for that.

          My friends heavily influence the person I am. I even try to be someone I'm not but when now I know if my friends are genuine because I don't have to be impostor. This experience changed my perception of people because you need to be careful of who you surround yourself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment